How can my business benefit from Family Portrait Month?
Most successful studios employ one or more charitable marketing strategies
in support of worthwhile causes. Why? Here are just some of the reasons:
- Personal satisfaction from giving your time and talent to those in need.
- Increased business profits/goodwill because many consumers simply prefer to shop with a business that gives back to the community.
- Through Family Portrait Month, you make a verifiable difference in the lives of needy children. This is possible because PPA Charities combines your studio’s donations from Family Portrait Month with those of other PPA-member studios throughout the country, thus increasing your charitable power.
What is Family Portrait Month?
Family Portrait Month provides PPA-member studios with an annual, high-profile opportunity for participation in a nationwide, charity-driven promotion that benefits Dando Amor and elevates the business image of participating studios.
Family Portrait Month gives you an opportunity to build business profits and goodwill through this nationwide charity-driven promotion. The event is sponsored by PPA Charities for the benefit of Dando Amor, a non-profit charity dedicated to blessing the lives of children throughout the world. Serving in both Ecuador, and Burkina Faso-Africa, Dando Amor takes regular service trips to both countries.
How do I market Family Portrait Month in my studio?
Once you have registered your studio as a participant and your $30 minimum donation to PPA Charities is paid, your business will benefit as follows:
- Your studio information will be listed on the “Participating Studios” page of www.familyportraitmonth.com, PPACH’s consumer website.
- You can download a Family Portrait Month Marketing Guide, written resources, and promotional downloads. On this website you will also find real-world information on how different photographers have used Family Portrait Month in their own marketing programs. These online resources are for your inspiration and use.
- Please check this site often to learn about additional promotional ideas and news items. You can subscribe to our RSS feed in the sidebar of our “News” blog so that you can be notified whenever new items are posted.
- You also will receive PPA Charities and Family Portrait Month news through a periodic PPACH newsletter and email blasts.
How can I participate?
Any PPA-member studio can participate in this promotion by doing the following:
- Make a minimum donation of $30 to PPA Charities (an annual donation, payable each year that you choose to participate in the promotion). Once registered as a participant (and your $30 minimum donation to PPA Charities is processed), You will receive an e-mail that provides password-protected access to marketing tips, written resources, and downloads.
- You are asked to donate at least $30 to PPA Charities for each family portrait session occurring during September. Otherwise, but are free to decide how much to contribute — an entire session fee, part of a session fee, a percentage of each sale, or a specified amount of $30 or more. You can even accept donations for Dando Amor year-round, not just in the fall.
- The marketing content in this section includes ideas and examples of information that has worked for others, which you are free to use.
- If you prefer, you can make a personal donation to PPA Charities on behalf of Dando Amor.
Family Portrait Month
- Learn how Illinois photographer Terry Farmer raised $8,100 for PPA Charities by partnering with local Dentists by clicking here.
- Learn Texas photographer Angie Weedon’s secrets of fund-raising success by clicking here.
- View direct mail card designs created by Family Portrait Month donors by clicking here.
- Learn how Laura Novak used her media savvy to market Family Portrait Month and how she raised funds through an intriguing twist to a Halloween promotion by clicking here.
To sign up for Family Portrait Month, click here!
What it’s like to win the opportunity of a lifetime . . .
Documenting a Dando Amor Mission:
You can join Dando Amor on a trip to Ecuador or Africa. Families, Couples, Youth Groups, Individuals, Photographers, and Business Owners are all invited! When you donation $2,000 or more through the promotion or through your own personal contribution, you automatically qualify to join a Dando Amor mission trip (travel costs and personal charges of $850 also apply).
IMPORTANT NOTE: The top Family Portrait Month fundraiser will earn an all-expenses-paid Dando Amor mission trip, which will be awarded at the annual PPA Charities Celebration Gala at Imaging USA in Nashville on January 31, 2015.